The Martinez Chamber of Commerce was founded in September 1936 and has operated continuously from that time. The organization is guided by our Board of Directors, and has several standing committees that serve to support and advise in the operations.
Each year we have four primary events. The State of the City is early in the year and focuses on a report by the Mayor. In the spring we produce the Citizen of the Year Awards which honors those who have given generously to our community. Each year in June, on Father’s Day weekend, we hold the King of the County Music Festival and BBQ Challenge. In September we celebrate the Birth of the Martini by holding the Martinez Martini Shake-Off!
Throughout the year we support our members and community in many ways. We meet with our members to see what their specific businesses’ needs are, hear what they want to improve in our city; provide networking, marketing, and educational opportunities.
We operate with a strong sense of community and are guided by our Core Values, Mission Statement Vision Statements.
The mission of the Martinez Chamber of Commerce is to be a Catalyst for Business Growth and Development, a Convener of Business Leaders and Influencers, and a Champion for a Strong Community.
To be a superior Chamber of Commerce providing our members with the best possible opportunities for stability and growth, enticing new businesses, promoting tourism and the arts, and creating a quality environment for our community that will lead to strong economic development.
- Provide and promote strong leadership
- Perform with integrity and ethics in all actions
- Embrace diversity
- Demonstrate and promote fiscally responsible practices
- Embrace and advocate for the community
- Provide educational opportunities
- Promoting networking and professional outreach
- Support and continue to develop a vibrant business community
- Foster collaboration and partnerships with and among members and other elements of the community
- Effective and transparent communication
Join our Community of Problem Solvers and get involved today!
Learn more about all the exclusive benefits of Chamber Membership and how we can serve as your local partner to help your business, non-profit, or association grow and thrive.